That's Just the Way It Is

I'm the most fabulous person that you are ever gonna meet...that being said, read on...

Name:
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States

We met one late, fateful July evening in a parking lot...little did we know that almost two years later, we would be taking the plunge. Please join us in celebrating our new life together.

Friday, May 26, 2006

So, no Sudoku puzzle today(what to do?)...I usually pick it up downstairs at the deli but I think he might have taken the day off for Memorial Day weekend because it was closed this morning. Wish I could do that, too.

I'm soooooo tired again today. My friend Ashley is in town from Austin this week and we've been living like we just turned 21 for the past couple of days. I'm old, I need my sleep. Last night we went to this dive bar that we would go to on Thursdays when she lived here because its $2-you-call-its. I call it a dive bar because I cringe every time I have to touch something, always leave reeking of cigarette smoke and with second-hand emphysema, avoid eye contact with most questionable patrons, and would never dream of going there without my mace...but its fun!

There are SOME normal people there, but the following story is not representative of that fact. Ashley and I were playing pool, and this creepy, leering man came and sat at a table near us. He would not stop watching us and I was getting really uncomfortable, and thanks to Ashley's small bladder and my very painful but very cute shoes (Thank you, Kara...I got a lot of compliments on them) I was left alone a lot. My strategy in that situation is to get on the phone and have a fake conversation (don't laugh, it works).

So, finally the creepy man gets up from the table and leaves the room. We finish playing pool and go sit down and guess who shows up again--the Creepy Man. He asks Ashley something like if we are having fun and she says yes and he says, "So, ya'll want to go have fun with me and my boys?" And, she's like, "Uhm, we'll pass," but really has that phrase ever worked for any guy. I don't care if you are Conan O'Brien (for you other people you might replace that name with Brad Pitt, etc.) , if you use that line you will get shot down every time. And, why are creepy guys the most brazen? They seem to have all the confidence in the world but absolutely no game.

Also, another fun thing about going to this bar is "critiquing" other people's outfits. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those mean girls that makes fun of other girls. Its just that sometimes you see things that are just so terribly wrong and you have to pay attention to it, negative or otherwise. I'm sure that people have said something about me before (I've let my bra straps hang out on occasion), but I've got nothing on these girls. Once there, I saw a woman in her fifties dressed head-to-toe in shredded black leather...singing karaoke...with an old man grinding against her. How could someone see that and not comment? Regardless of whether or not it makes me a bitch, its still entertaining.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

You aren't mean, you are just a Plano snob!

5/27/2006 1:15 PM  
Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

Hey - I got your picture to work!

5/27/2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

I don't call it bitchy, I call it fashion conscious. Some people really need help.

5/30/2006 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home