That's Just the Way It Is

I'm the most fabulous person that you are ever gonna meet...that being said, read on...

Name:
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States

We met one late, fateful July evening in a parking lot...little did we know that almost two years later, we would be taking the plunge. Please join us in celebrating our new life together.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Name's Bat Woman!

Not because I have super-human powers or anything, but because I see like one (read: blind as a...). I've been wearing glasses since the 3rd grade. I thought they were cool back then. I didn't have to wear them all of the time and they were clear, pink and glittery. What 8 year old girl wouldn't love that?

Well, I begged and begged for contacts when I started junior high and I've been wearing them ever since. I thought that they were the greatest things ever, and still do. But some days, I seriously consider shelling out the $5,000 for lasik. Today has been one of those days.

I slept in my contacts last night. I know that I shouldn't but sometimes I forget or I'm just being lazy; but this morning when I woke up, my eyes hurt so bad. They were itching and red, but despite this fact, I still put on my usual seven layers of eye makeup (my eyes look teeny without it) as I drove to work.

They were still itching and stinging at work, so I put tons and tons of eye drops in them, all while trying not to let my makeup melt down my face. I guess I must have rubbed my eye liner too much because my contact popped out. I went to the bathroom to put it back in. I clean it with eye drops and put it back in my eye. I blink and blink, waiting for it to shift back into place, when I notice something on my shirt. I brush it off and blink and blink some more and then I realize that I still can't see. I get this sinking feeling in my stomach, drop to the ground, and frantically start searching for whatever it is that I had brushed off my shirt. You guessed it--my contact!

So, I looked one-eyed at this dirty folded piece of plastic that I have to put back in my eye (people who know me know that I have a thing about germs--I don't like 'em). But, I can't work the whole day with one eye closed and unfortunately I had left my eye patch at home today, so I did what I had to do--don't judge me. I soaked it in eye drops and then popped it in my mouth (I had read somewhere that saliva kills germs or something like that), then I put it back in my eye. My eyes are still itching and burning, but probably now for totally different reasons like pink eye or herpes infection. I just pray that I don't go blind, then I really would have to wear an eye patch. I just don't think the sexy pirate look really fits me, but maybe I'll try it on for size. Rrrrrrrr!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

Please PLEASE don't show me your pirate costume!

6/01/2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger Emily & Daniel said...

Thanks Doc.

6/01/2006 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home