That's Just the Way It Is

I'm the most fabulous person that you are ever gonna meet...that being said, read on...

Name:
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States

We met one late, fateful July evening in a parking lot...little did we know that almost two years later, we would be taking the plunge. Please join us in celebrating our new life together.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The First Step on the Road to Recovery...


...is admitting that you have a problem. I am almost to step one. I have an addiction to crafts--like arts and crafts. I can't get enough and sometimes if I am bored, I will stroll Hobby Lobby for inspiration. But I can quit anytime, I swear...I just don't want to yet.

For the past week I have been making these little magnets (sorry I spoiled the surprise, Kara). They are so much fun to make. They are little and cute and just plain fun. It started out innocently enough. I saw them on a website and thought "I can do that." So, I bought all of the supplies, but just enough to make a few (recreational crafts). So, I started out with 50 and then 50 more and then 100 more and more and now I just can't stop!

I even went online and special ordered tins and designed my own labels, all just to give as little gifts. I grouped them in sets for my friends and they all have themes that are specific to that person. I also made sets that just have their own themes, like "love," "art," or "alcohol". Its kinda hard to explain, you really just have to see it to believe it.

I had to take a break because I think the fumes from the glue were making me high for real, but that can't stop me forever. I'll be starting again, just as soon as my brain cells recover. If anyone knows of a support group for this, please let me know...but I swear I can quit anytime I want.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

I can hardly wait for mine to arrive!

6/21/2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

Those are so cute! What a fun little project! And I miss Hobby Lobby. They don't have them here in Utah. The only craft store they have is Michael's, which is totally lame-o compared to Hobby Lobby (sigh).

6/21/2006 6:53 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

no support group but send some my way if you have too many. :) I miss Hobby Lobby too, Micheal's pales in comparison...I agree Lori. I love it that you're so crafty! and that you now have a blog..and by the way your tennis story cracks me up and reminds me that some things will never change... I'm glad! :)

6/24/2006 3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home