That's Just the Way It Is

I'm the most fabulous person that you are ever gonna meet...that being said, read on...

Name:
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States

We met one late, fateful July evening in a parking lot...little did we know that almost two years later, we would be taking the plunge. Please join us in celebrating our new life together.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Purse Day!

Sunday was Purse Day--not an official holiday, but I'm making a motion that it be added to the calendar, though it doesn't come every year. In fact, I've been waiting many years (about eight to be exact) for the sweet arrival of Purse Day.

I recently got all of my finances in order and so I felt that I should be rewarded for that with something wonderful and extravagant, which is probably why my finances were out of order but all is well now. I was also saving some money for a cruise, but no one can seem to get it together, and I want immediate gratification to reward myself for being such a good saver. So, I won't be going on a cruise anytime soon unless my purse floats; but a cruise lasts only a week--a purse lasts a lifetime.

So, Sunday, Kara and Alan and I went to the Galleria to get my Louis in honor of Purse Day (you can't make that kind of purchase alone). I knew exactly which one I wanted, I've known it for eight years. I asked the man for the Papillon 30...looked at it...held it...moved it from shoulder to shoulder...but I didn't love it like I thought I would. I asked to see the smaller one (the Papillon 26), but I am so indecisive. I had wanted the 30 for so long, how could I just abandon it now?

I told the man that I didn't know yet and would decide after lunch. (By the way, we went to Grand Lux Cafe. It was amazing! Breath-taking!) I came back after lunch and decided (with little help from Alan or Kara) that I would get the 30, even though I still wasn't sure. After all, it WAS Purse Day, I had to get something.

I got it home and unwrapped it and took pictures, etc., but within hours, I had decided that I was going to take it back. I just didn't like it enough for the amount of money I had spent and for all of the other things that the money could have bought that I would love. I decided to exchange it for the 26--the 30 was just too big and not me. Kara and Alan agreed that I should have got the 26...why they couldn't have told me that when I was pacing around the mall trying to decide and asking every two minutes which one I should get, I don't know.

So Monday, I hurried to the Galleria on my lunch break to exchange it. I had to run in and run out (distracting from the true meaning of Purse Day), but at least now I'm happy with my purchase and I got some money back because the one I ended up getting is a little bit smaller. The one in the picture is the one that I returned, but it looks the exact same as my new one, just a couple of inches smaller. The 30 had a "buddy" (the little one on Gracie) that came with it; the 26 does not, but I think Gracie will be ok without couture.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

We offered help! You were just too excited about purse day to realize it!

6/18/2006 11:50 PM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

Wow, I want to celebrate Purse Day too! My problem is that I have too many Shoe Days to fit in a Purse Day. And pretty soon my purse will be replaced with a diaper bag (a cute one).

6/19/2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

OH, Gracie looks so cute with that "baby" purse on her neck. I bet there's good shops for shopping where you live.

6/19/2006 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay first of all - I am very very happy for you!!! And second - I want to see pictures of the 26!!!
And third - You have given me the craving for a purse day of my own!!! I'm really wanting a brown coach......put then I have to have the matching brown wallet........

6/19/2006 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your purse, but I also want to see some pictures of the 26.

Gracie looks so cute with the mini purse. You should of kept the 30 just for her sake!!

6/21/2006 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home