That's Just the Way It Is

I'm the most fabulous person that you are ever gonna meet...that being said, read on...

Name:
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States

We met one late, fateful July evening in a parking lot...little did we know that almost two years later, we would be taking the plunge. Please join us in celebrating our new life together.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Don't Call Me Four-Eyes!


I went to the eye doctor this weekend to get a new prescription for my contacts. It was all routine until she looked at my right eye. She freaked out and before I knew what had happened, she had put this neon yellow dye in my eye. She shined a really bright light in it and mumbled to herself (she has an accent so she's hard to understand). Then she went on to explain to me that I can't wear my contacts because I have an ulcer on my cornea. "Are you serious?" I ask while wiping the yellow goop off of my eye...she was serious. She gave me a prescription for some drops and said that she would check it again in a week, if it hasn't gotten better then I have to wear glasses until it does. Otherwise it could tear my cornea and I would have to get a cornea transplant or may go blind in my right eye.

I'm hearing her say all of this and all I can think is GLASSES...I don't want to wear my glasses...I hate my glasses!!! But I guess its better to be a nerd for one week than having to wear an eye patch for the rest of my life (again, the pirate thing is just not that sexy on a girl). Still, if I was going to have to wear my glasses, then I was getting new ones! New ones that made me look hot! Ones that said "I'm wearing my glasses becasue they are chic and sophisticated, not because I have to."

I returned a too-expensive dress that I had bought last weekend and went to Lens Crafters. Ok, so I'm picky, I can admit it. I tried on almost every frame in the store (including some children's and men's) and narrowed it down to about eight of them. I tired all of them on in a close-up mirror (because I couldn't see myself in the ones on the wall). I picked out these black ones...waited an hour...went to pick them up...looked at myself in them with clear vision...and HATED them. Well, Lens Crafters has a 30 day return policy...I can exchange them however many times I want in 30 days--no problem. Well, so I had to special order good lenses and special order frames, so I decided that these will have to do until the ones I want come in...but the good news is that my vision has gotten a little better...so that means that objects are now a little bit clearer right before I bump into them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look absolutely stunning and amazingly smart and sophisticated!!
For real - I like those!! And much better than lifetime blindness!!

7/18/2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

Ooooh, I like the new look!

I had glasses in middle school. They made me pick out my frames while my eyes were still dialated. I came home with some really weird-looking glasses that I never wore because I hated the frames. What a huge waste of money!

7/19/2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

Quit hating on my super cool pink capri workout pants or I'll say how dumb your glasses are going to look!

7/20/2006 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you looked great with the glasses you had before, but the new ones will look even better because I helped pick them out ;)

7/25/2006 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home