That's Just the Way It Is

I'm the most fabulous person that you are ever gonna meet...that being said, read on...

Name:
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States

We met one late, fateful July evening in a parking lot...little did we know that almost two years later, we would be taking the plunge. Please join us in celebrating our new life together.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

El Gato Blanco Esta Corriendo

Ok, so I got this program that is going to teach me Spanish. It is called Rosetta Stone. It is supposed to teach you languages the same way that you learned to speak English when you were little. It just shows you pictures and phrases and by sheer repetition it helps you learn it. One thing it doesn't do is tell you what the words mean in English. No vocab and no grammar. I like to know what the words mean. So, my friend showed me this website that translates words and phrases. Its http://world.altavista.com/tr. It helps, but its not totally accurate. Here's a paragraph that I wrote in English and translated to Spanish and then back to English again, see if you can tell what I wrote originally:

"Today for the lunch, I go to gym. Attempt to go daily. The individual that explores my card is a little strange. It has the long hair, shaggy of blonde and to seem the individual of dumb and dumber. Its clumsy one to have to throw to the breeze with him because it maintains to my hostage of the card so me he cannot obtain far until it is to speak fact."

I hope no one actually uses this site. I think it would confuse people more than help them. I think I'll stick with my program.


Answer:

"Today for lunch, I am going to the gym. I try to go everyday. The guy that scans my card is a little weird. He has long, shaggy blonde hair and looks like the guy from Dumb and Dumber. Its awkward to have to shoot the breeze with him because he holds my card hostage so I can't get away until he's done talking."



3 Comments:

Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

What white cat?

7/06/2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Is the program working??

7/17/2006 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you've kind of written gibberish anyway. "Shoot the breeze?" How can you expect a computer to know what you mean by that?

5/27/2008 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home